All about Mental Health
MENTAL HEALTH CONDITIONS
Here are some mental health conditions that you may have heard of:
- Schizophrenia, the charity Mind has lots of information on Schizophrenia here
- Bi-polar disorder, the charity Mind has lots of information on Bi-polar disorder here
- Bi-Polar UK aslo has some useful information https://www.bipolaruk.org/
- Personality disorders, the charity Mind has lots of information on Personality disorders here . Further information can also be found here Reach out
- Dissociative disorders, the charity Mind has information on this here
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (often known as 'ADHD') YoungMinds has further information that might help.
Mental illness can develop at any time. It may not last forever and people do get better. Mental Illness is different to developmental disabilities or learning disabilities. Developmental disabilities (such as Aspergers and Autism) are a permanent condition developing in early childhood at the latest. Some people are born with a disability, but others may develop one as a result of an accident or illness when they were a child. Having a developmental disability means that people find it harder to learn certain life skills.
The following websites have detailed information on different mental health conditions:
- The Health Talks website gives information on mental health conditions through people's personal experiences.
- The Young Minds website has lots of information specifically about young people's mental health. Including information for:
Young People Parents
- Cerebra have produced a great guide for parents around anxiety
- Youthoria is a website for young people in Cambridgeshire which offers information on topics such as bullying, coping with someone dying and self-harm:
The Mental Health Foundation have a great A-Z of mental health conditions- It can be found HERE!