The Cambridgeshire Early Help Hub provides a single telephone line, operating during office hours, providing advice and information for professionals about local services. They can offer guidance about accessing services, and signpost to self-help resources. Contact the team on: 01480 376 666 or firstname.lastname@example.org (open 9am – 5.20pm Monday to Thursday, Friday 9am -4:20pm).
The Peterborough Early Help Service provides a dedicated Early Help telephone line, operating during office hours, providing advice and information for professionals about local services. They can offer guidance about accessing services, and signpost to self-help resources. Contact the service on the Peterborough Early Help helpline number on: 01733 863649 or email email@example.com (open 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday).
- Young people can be referred to pages on this website How can I help myself?, Mental Health Apps, Local support and National support.
- Shelf Help - Books on prescription for young people. Books are aimed at 13-18 years old and the scheme is available in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Libraires. Topics include anxiety, stress and obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), and difficult experiences like bullying and exams. A similar service, called 'books on prescription' is already available for adults. Recommended books. GP Referral form
- Offers advice and support on a variety of topics Phone: 0800 1111, online: https://www.childline.org.uk/
- Offer confidential support by trained volunteers that are available all day, every day. Phone: 116 123. They also have specific information for parents and carers about how to help their child if they find out that they are struggling.
- Has information on what to do if you are feeling suicidal or you if you are worried about someone.
- CALM - The Campaign Against Living Miserably aims to prevent male suicide in the UK. Click here for their helpline.
- A local service that provides specialist assessment, care and support to young people experiencing a first episode of psychosis. GP or self referral. Phone: 01223 884360 or 01733 318102.
In addition young people may benefit from being referred to the Keep Your Head webiste in particular they may find the following pages helpful: Bullying, Stress and Sleep.