Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Children & Young People Mental Health Support

Who else can help me?


Below is a list of local services that you may find helpful, many of these you can access yourself right away.  If negative feelings don't go away, are too much for you to cope with, or are stopping you from carrying on with your normal life, then ask for help. If you are worried then accessing one of these services or speaking to your GP is a great way to start.  

Kooth LogoKooth – opening the door for mental health support for children and young people Find out how young people in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough can access help and support with their mental health and emotional well-being without a referral via Kooth.

Kooth is a confidential and anonymous online service for young people, specifically developed to make it easy and safe for young people to access mental health support as and when they need it, while removing any associated stigma. Once signed up, Kooth users have access to BACP trained counsellors available until 10pm, 365 days a year, peer-to-peer support through moderated forums, and a range of self-help materials, co-written by other young people. Any young person aged 11-18 years olds (up to 19th birthday) with a Cambridgeshire and Peterborough postcode can access the service for free.

You can watch the new Kooth video here.

     kooth judging      kooth tense


CHUMS Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing ServiceCHUMS

Offers support to children and young people with mild to moderate mental health difficulties, such as anxiety and low mood, as well as those with significant emotional wellbeing difficulties arising from life events such as bereavement and bullying.

Referral criteria

  • Peterborough – Up to the age of 18
  • Cambridgeshire – Up to the age of 25

Service delivery

The service offers support in a variety of ways and you (or your child) will be guided by one of our Triage Managers to the most appropriate intervention or signposted to a more suitable agency. Interventions take place in a number of locations and include:

  • Advice and guided self help
  • Drop In facility St. Neots - The Bargrove Centre PE19 2EY on Wednesdays 3-5pm, Huntingdon Youth Centre PE29 7AF on Thursdays 4-6pm as part of the Here: Now service, Cambridge Central Library CB2 3QD on Fridays 2-3.30pm, Cambridge - Costa Coffee on Cherry Hinton Road Thursdays 4-5pm, Wisbech - Awdry House PE13 2JD on Wednesdays 3.30-5pm, Peterborough -  First Steps Children's Centre PE1 4TR on Wednesdays 3-5pm (only up to 18 years).
  • Mental Health & Resiliency group programmes
  • Full mental health assessment
  • Therapeutic group programmes for a variety of presenting issues including anxiety and low mood
  • Recreational Therapeutic support using football and music as tools of engagement
  • Individual support
  • Parent/carer groups

You can make a referral via the website and one of their triage team will contact you to discuss in more detail. You might also find some of the CHUMS downloadable information helpful -

For further information contact:

Peterborough           0330 0581 657

Cambridgeshire       0330 0581 659

Centre 33 logo

Centre 33 offers a range of support for young people (up to 26th birthday) in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough. Centre 33 can help with all sorts of issues from housing, sexual health and money worries to family problems and bullying, no matter how big or small the problem is.

‘Someone to Talk To’ drop-in sessions and a helpline operate across the county 5 days a week. They also provide a schools counselling service and a young carers’ project. Centre 33 have an open access policy and young people can refer themselves to the service, by dropping in or phoning.

For more information on the Centre 33 service visit their website or call (0333 4141809) or email (

C33 Feb 18

 New Horizons at Centre 33

New Horizons is a partnership of 7 organisations across the Greater Cambridge Greater Peterborough Local Enterprise Partnership. Centre 33 has a New Horizons Coach in their team.

If you are experiencing money issues that are causing a barrier to

  • moving closer to work
  • using the internet and getting on-line to save money and get better deals
  • getting into training and job seeking

contact Sam on or 0333 4141 809

 Sam can meet with you in a comfortable one-to-one setting and support you in forming a plan to enable you to get closer to your goals. You can ask for support with CV writing application form skills, interview skills, exploring volunteer options, exploring education/training options, help with getting online, support in starting to job search or anything else that may help you move forward.


Here:Now logo


HERE:NOW - There are drop-in sessions available in  Huntingdon which are suitable for those aged between 13-25 years old which provide a place for you to go when you need someone to talk to confidentially. You can turn up without an appointment and get information and advice as well as one-to-one counselling, or join a workshop on things like Mindfulness. The drop-ins are being run by Huntingdon Locality Early Help Team.

Opening Times & Locations:

Huntingdon Youth Centre, Sallowbush Road, Huntingdon - open between 2pm and 8pm every Thursday. 



Time4U – support for those affected by sexual violence

The Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Prevention and Intervention Project, Time4U, offers emotional help through talking therapies. Delivered locally by national charity Embrace - Child Victims of Crime (CVOC), the project also helps young people who use violence and abuse as a result of being themselves traumatised or victims of other types of abuse. The service is available for young people aged between 13 and 19 (or up to the age of 24 if they have additional needs) who have been affected by sexual violence, therapeutic support is available from a new counselling service.

For more information contact Embrace on 07889 623639 or by email: or visit the website:

Stars new logo

STARS offer 1:1 pre and post bereavement counselling support to children and young people up to the age of 25 years old, who live in Cambridgeshire, (not currently Peterborough). Referrals can be made by young people if over 16 years of age or they can ask parents, carers, doctor, teacher or any professional involved in their care to refer for them. Our referral form is accessible via our website  Our sessions can be provided the STARS offices in Trumpington in Cambridge or at the child or young person’s school or college. Our aim is it to facilitate counselling support in an environment that feels safe and secure and causes he least disruption to their day.

STARS counsellors also provide telephone guidance and advice if required and can be contacted on 01223 863511 or at

Self Help Books

Books on prescriptionThis scheme provides recommended expert endorsed books about mental health for 13-18 year-olds through libraries. The books provide high-quality information, support and advice on a wide-range of mental health issues. Topics include anxiety, depression, eating disorders, self-harm, bullying and exams. Collections are available through Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Libraries’.


Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)

CAMHS provides a wide range of services for children, young people and their families. You may be referred from a variety of agencies for an assessment, advice and support to help you with a mental health problem. They offer a wide range of treatment options including family therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy and group therapy. CAMHS services may be suitable for you if you are up to the age of 17 (or 18 if they have a learning disability), if you are older then you will be looked after by adult services.

To find out what to expect when you first go to the local CAMHS service visit this PAGE

For more general information on CAMH services see My CAMH Choices and this link from Young Minds for a who's who in terms of professional roles.



YMCA Trinity Group

YMCA Trinity Group, a locally-based charity, offers support across Cambridgeshire, Suffolk and into Northamptonshire. They provide a wide range of emotional wellbeing services for children, young people and adults through a number of projects.

YMCA Menu of Services was designed to offer schools and partners a range of services to improve the physical, emotional and psychological wellbeing of young people in their care. Services are arranged so that organisations can select the ingredients that will best address their needs.

Services include: Counselling & Therapy, Mentoring, Family Work, Group Work, Health & Wellbeing Qualifications, Staff Training, Train The Trainer, Parent/Student Workshops, Feel Stress Free self-help App, and strategy development.  For more information, go to the website here or contact us on 01733 373187 or email’

YMCA Trinity Group provide a number of services via schools.  Click here for details


red balloon

Red Balloon supports young people who self-exclude from school and are missing education because of bullying or other trauma. We provide an academic and therapeutic programme to enable our students to get back on track and reconnect with society.



blue smile

Blue Smile provides arts-based, long term therapy in Cambridgeshire schools, for children aged 3-13 who are struggling with mental and emotional issues. The charity works closely with the school and parents for the best possible outcomes, even for children with the most complex and challenging needs. As well as one to one therapy, they supply staff training and supervision, workshops, group work and parenting programmes.  See their website for the costs and details of these services.





It is estimated that at any given time up to 200,000 children in the UK are affected by having a parent or close family member in prison. This is more than the number affected by divorce.

Ormiston Families Breaking Barriers is a non-judgemental, early intervention service providing support for children and young people affected by the imprisonment of a close family member.

Through offering tailored one to one support Breaking Barriers aims to reduce anxiety around prison, support emotional wellbeing and assist in engagement with school.

We work in schools, family homes, or wherever a young person feels safe, to help them come to terms with the emotional trauma. 


The kite trust

The Kite Trust (Previously know as SexYOUality) are Cambridgeshire’s leading organisation working with LGBT+ young people. We are proud to promote the health, well-being, and inclusion of LGBT+ young people across Cambridgeshire; raising awareness, supporting, and educating our local communities.


cogwheel trust

The Cogwheel Trust provides counselling support for adults and young people  in Cambridge and the surrounding areas. Parents can refer their child into the service which is based in Cambridge. The Cogwheel Trust is a charity and it asks for donations towards appointments based on income. To find out more visit their website or call 01223 464385. Arts and Minds logo

Arts on Prescription is a series of friendly, weekly art workshops for people experiencing depression, stress or anxiety. Led by a professional artist and a qualified counsellor, they offer the chance to experience working with a wide range of materials and techniques, including drawing, printmaking and sculpture. Sessions last for two hours and are open to all abilities – no experience necessary. It is planned that sessions will open up to young people in 2015/16. For more information on how to be referred to the service visit the website.


Make do and mend
Make Do and Mend provide workshops for people who experience mental distress. These workshops aim to promote recovery by developing self-esteem through developing skills. Workshops include areas such as candle making, guitar and cookery. There is a small membership fee to join Make Do and Mend. 


– Helping people in the place they live and progress to volunteering. 

Harvey's Barn
Park End
Swaffham Bulbeck
CB25 0NA

Tel: 01223 811662 x 222




Cameo – Early intervention service for psychosis. Provides support for individuals, families, carers and friends. 


Road Victims Trust

Road Victims Trust – Supporting the victims of serious road collisions with emotional and practical support. Takes direct referrals from the Road Police Team or self-referral.

   CCC logo

Cambridgeshire County Council have a Family Information Directory where you can search for local services.

The Local Offer describes the services and support available for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND) from birth to 25 and their families in


Peterborough City CouncilPeterborough City Council have a Family Information Service where you can search for local services.

British Association for Counselling Psychotherapy

The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) provides a register of counsellors and psychotherapists accredited by the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care.


 Healthwatch LogoHealthwatch Peterborough

Healthwatch Cambridgeshire and Peterborough are an independent champion for people who use health and social care services. They listen to what people like about services, what could be improved and share people’s views with those with the power to make change happen. They also help people find the information they need about services in their area. Healthwatch have the power to ensure people’s voices are heard by government and those running services to involve people in decisions that affect them. Their sole purpose is to help make care better for people. Read more about Healthwatch Cambridgeshire and Peterborough here.

 Youth Connect Logo

Get in touch and get involved. Sign up to Youth Connect, a young people’s newsletter, and hear from health and social care decision makers about issues that are important to you. This might be by joining a focus group, filling in questionnaires, or maybe even starting your own campaign. Sing up here.


Adult Mental Health Services

Depending on your needs there are a range of adult services that can help including specific services Eating Disorders, Psychosis and Affective Disorders (for example anxiety or depression). Usually you will be referred to the service that's most appropriate to you by your GP, so start by booking an appointment at your local doctors surgery for advice on services that may be able to help you.

ACT Psychological wellbeing

The Psychological Wellbeing Service (also known as 'IAPT') can offer support to those aged 17 and over via a range of brief supported self-help and talking therapy options. You can self-refer to the service of be referred by your GP. For further information visit the website.


SLIP (Sex, Law, Internet and Porn) is one of our new initiatives and aims to support both young offenders and any young person who did not fully engage with RSE (Relationships & Sex Education) at school.

The programme is comprised of 6 sessions and is open to young people up to age 18, living in   Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.    

We can tailor SLIP to meet the needs of participants, by running group sessions or taking individual referrals.

SLIP is available to young people age 19-25 and for young people outside of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough for a charge. Please contact us for details.

DHIVERSE, Office B, Dales Brewery,

Gwydir Street, Cambridge, CB1 2LJ

Tel: 01223 508805

 Finding local services





If you can't find the location you are looking for it is worth checking out the Family Information Directory (if you live in Cambridgeshire) or the Family Information Service (If you live in Peterborough) as that may have the information you need.


We will be adding more services and resources as this website develops, but if there are other services you think we should know about then let us know through our feedback form!


Below are some national organisations that provide information and support on different areas of young people's mental health. There is also specific information on certain topics on the bullyingsuicide, stress and anxiety and  sleep sections of this website.


Young Minds logo

The Young Minds website is a fantastic resource that has sections for young people, parents and professionals. There is lots of information on all aspects of young people's mental health.

There is also confidential online and telephone support (0808 8025544), including information and advice, to any adult worried about the emotional problems, behaviour or mental health of a child or young person up to the

age of 25. The helpline is open 9am-4:30pm.


Stem 4 logo

Stem4 offers lots of advice and information for teenagers with mental health conditions.


MH HubNHS Choices have a hub of information on young people's mental health which has information on when to seek support for low mood and information on specific topics such as self-harm and bipolar disorder.



British Association for Counselling Psychotherapy

The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) provides a register of counsellors and psychotherapists accredited by the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care.




ChildLine is a private and confidential service for children and young people up to the age of 19. It provides signposting and information and is open 24 hours.  

Royal College of Psychiatrists logo

The Royal College of Psychiatrists has series of leaflets and films for young people, parents and carers on wide variety of mental health.



Rethink Siblings project is for siblings affected by mental health issues and provides information on how you can support your sibling and look after your own wellbeing.

They also offer an information and support service for everyone affected by mental illness, ( RAIS Rethink Advice and Information Service: 0300 5000 927 open 10.00-14.00 Monday-Friday)



Beat are an Eating Disorder charity and have lots of information on their website, plus helplines for young people and adults. Eating disorders include bulimia and anorexia nervosa, for more information on these conditions visit Young Minds.  



Big White Wall is an online support and recovery service for people aged 16 and over who are stressed, anxious, low or not coping. Big White Wall enables members to support and help each other and share what’s troubling them in a safe and anonymous environment. There is also guidance from trained professionals, who are online 24/7. There is a charge for this service. 


CALM - The Campaign Against Living Miserably is a registered charity, which exists to prevent male suicide in the UK. Check out the website for futher support or Click here for their helpline.


hope again

Hope Again is a website provides advice for young people after the death of someone close to them. The site has lots of information on how to cope when someone you care about dies, including how to talk about it, remembering, and moving on. The site also has personal stories from others who have experienced grief.

It can be helpful to talk to someone you trust if things are getting overwhelming. This might be a parent, carer or teacher. Some people find it easier to talk to someone they don’t know like someone at Cruse. To reach the Cruse Bereavement Care Youth Helpline between 9:30am and 5:00pm, call 0808 808 1677.


contact a family logo

Contact a Family provides information, advice and support. We bring families together so they can support each other. We campaign to improve their circumstances, and for their right to be included and equal in society.


 Blurt foundation logo

Blurt Foundation - Community led project dedicated to supporting those affected by Depression.


 bipolar Uk logo

Bipolar UK - Are the national charity dedicated to supporting individuals with the much misunderstood and devastating condition of bipolar, their families and carers. Their work includes youth support groups.  


student minds logo

StudentMinds - is the UK's student mental health charity. They want students to have the skills, knowledge and confidence to talk about their mental health and look out for their peers



Stonewall - We are here to let all lesbian, gay, bi and trans people know they are not alone



To let us know of services and resources you think should be added to this site, get in touch via the feedback form and please leave your email address.






 Young Carers - If you are a young person caring for someone with mental health problems,a disability,addiction or any illness, then you can access support via Centre 33's young carers project. Centre 33 provides a range of free and confidential services for 8-18 year old young carers who live in  Cambridgeshire. Telephone Helpline: 0333 4141 809, Email:

The Centre 33 Young Carers Project can help by:

Providing someone to talk to

Providing one-to-one support and small group support

Offering support in school

Working with you to make sure your voice is heard

Raising awareness of young carers’ issues

If you are a professional or a family member concerned about a Young Carer then please see here.

Further information can be found at the Cambridgeshire County Councils Young Carers Page HERE!




The death of a loved one can be devastating, bereavement affects people in different ways. There's no right or wrong way to feel.

Stages of bereavement or grief:

Experts generally accept there are four stages of bereavement: 

  • accepting that your loss is real
  • experiencing the pain of grief
  • adjusting to life without the person who has died 
  • putting less emotional energy into grieving and putting it into something new – in other words, moving on

You'll probably go through all these stages, but you won't necessarily move smoothly from one to the next. Your grief might feel chaotic and out of control, but these feelings will eventually become less intense.

Feelings of grief:

Give yourself time – these feelings will pass. You might feel:

  • shock and numbness – this is usually the first reaction to the death, and people often speak of being in a daze
  • overwhelming sadness, with lots of crying
  • tiredness or exhaustion
  • anger – for example, towards the person who died, their illness, or God
  • guilt – for example, guilt about feeling angry, about something you said or didn't say, or about not being able to stop your loved one dying

Coping with grief:

Talking and sharing your feelings with someone can help. Don't go through this alone. For some people, relying on family and friends is the best way to cope. 

If you don't feel you can talk to them much – perhaps you aren't close, or they're grieving, too – you can contact local bereavement services through:



Cruse Bereavement offer advice,support ( including counselling) and information for those that have lost a loved one. 


Stars new logo

Stars Cambridge 

Supporting Young People Facing Grief. Everyone will experience,bereavement during their life, but for young people, the death of a parent or another important person in their lives can be terrible to deal with.

Young people need time to be listened to and to speak about their fears and hopes for the future, but sometimes that’s difficult when others in the family are coping with their own grief. It can be helpful for young people to have support from someone outside of the family, to enable them to share their thoughts and emotions, which if left unexpressed, can lead to anger, disruptive behaviour and concentration issues at school.

Our counsellors, in Cambridgeshire, can help by listening and encouraging young people to express their painful emotions through creative play and work.

Hope again is the youth website of Cruse Bereavement Care. It is a safe place where you can learn from other young people, how to cope with grief, and feel less alone.


The Sue Ryder Charity charity offers emotional support going through grief or for those that have a relative with a terminal illness.

Child Bereavement UK is a national charity which offers support to Children facing bereavement or to families having experienced the loss of a child.


Winstons Wish is a charity specialising in helping young people and children cope with the bereavement of a parent or sibling.

SOBS offer support for those that are survivors of bereavement through suicide.

Dying matters offers support around the death of a loved one or for those pre-bereavement

Maggies centre in Cambridge offers emotional and practical support to those where a member of the family has cancer.

The NHS has lots of useful advice and support during Bereavement which can be found HERE

BBC Radio 1 has lots of information for young people on coping with grief which can be found HERE

Pop star George Shelley from Union J talks about his struggle with grief following the death of his sister-watch the programme on BBC iplayer HERE



This is a caring relationship:

  • Being good friends
  • Freedom to do your own thing
  • Time and space to see your friends
  • Having your own interests
  • Knowing your opinions are respected
  • Listening to each other
  • Having fun together
  • Trusting each other
  • Being able to disagree with each other
  • Being able to go at your own pace - including sexuality
  • Making decisions together
  • Being able to talk about it when you have an argument
  • Feeling safe
  • Respecting the decisions if either of you want to end the relationship

This is not a caring relationship:

  • Your boyfriend/girlfriend gets angry when you talk to someone else.
  • Your boyfriend/girlfriend is verbally aggressive or physically threatening.
  • Your boyfriend/girlfriend calls you names, puts you down, and makes you feel bad.
  • Your boyfriend/girlfriend uses force, threats, emotional blackmail, or bargains to make you do things you don’t want to do.
  • Your boyfriend/girlfriend threatens to harm any of your family, friend, pets or property.
  • Your boyfriend/girlfriend posts unpleasant or intimately revealing things about you on the internet.

If any of these things are happening to you, you may be in an abusive relationship.

Relationship abuse is not a one off event. It is a cycle and usually gets worse if nothing is done to stop it.

It is not your fault - abusers are responsible for their behaviour. If you are in an abusive relationship the best thing you can do is to end it. This may be tough and you may need help.

  • Find support from the people who care about you
  • Contact one of the support agencies listed below
  • Go out in groups (not alone) for a while
  • Carry a mobile phone or phone card and phone numbers of people or organisations who can offer support
  • Carry money
  • Make sure you can always get home safely
  • Speak to an adult you trust or one of the organisations below for support.


Where to go for help?

If you are in immediate danger call the police on 999

Centre 33
- a free, confidential service offering young people information and support on any issue.

Centre 33, 33 Clarendon Street , Cambridge CB1 1JX Tel:  01223 316448 Open Monday and Tuesday 10 am – 5 pm, Wednesday 12-5 pm Friday & Saturday 10 am – 1.30 pm

Disrespect Nobody - provides information and advice on what healthy and unhealthy relationships are. 

The Hideout - a website created by Women's Aid to help children and young people to understand domestic abuse, and how to take positive action if it's happening to you.

Love Respect - a website created by Women's Aid to provide information and advice on healthy and unhealthy relationships.

Fearless - provides support and a way of reporting issues such as violence, cybercrime and sexual assault/abuse.

The Kite Trust - a service providing information and support for LGBT+ people in Cambridgeshire under the age of 25.

Childline - Helpline 0800 11 11. Councillors can talk to you about any problem if you are 18 or younger.

Cambridge Rape Crisis - Sexual violence helpline for women and men 01223 245888.

The Mix - A young people's website which includes information and support on healthy relationships.

Embrace - Provides support for children and young people who have been a victim of crime (including violence and abuse).


Being a victim of a crime and witnessing a crime can be very traumatic. This can cause harm to your mental health, this can happen straight away or develop over time. Getting help is nothing to be ashamed of. 

If you have been a victim of crime,there is support available for you both locally and nationally.

Victim support

Phone: 0808 168 9111 ( 24 hour helpline)

Website can be found here

Rape Crisis

To find your local service phone: 0808 802 9999 ( daily, 12 to 2.30 pm and 7-9.30 pm)

website can be found here


Child victims of crime Phone: 0345 60 999 60

Website can be found here!

Road Victims Trust

 Road Victims Trust Supporting the victims of serious road collisions with emotional and practical support. Takes direct referrals from the Road Police Team or self-referral.

Are you worried about online sexual abuse or the way someone has been communicating with you online?

CEOP is a law enforcement agency and is there to help keep children and young people safe from sexual abuse and grooming online. They help thousands of children and young people every year who have been in a similar situation to you.

They are there to help and give you advice, and you can make a report directly to then if something has happened online which has made you feel unsafe, scared or worried. This might be from someone you know in real life, or someone you have only ever met online.

For further advice or to report something please see HERE!


Online safety can be a worry for both young people and their parents. Below are some ways of keeping safe on line. Further information can be found on the National online safety website.

Also some further info on our Bullying page.

The excellent website Young Minds has some great information on online safety, protecting your privacy and the pressures of being online, lots of information HERE!

National Online Safety

7 starter

internet safety




Are you worried about online sexual abuse or the way someone has been communicating with you online?

CEOP is a law enforcement agency and is there to help keep children and young people safe from sexual abuse and grooming online. They help thousands of children and young people every year who have been in a similar situation to you.

They are there to help and give you advice, and you can make a report directly to then if something has happened online which has made you feel unsafe, scared or worried. This might be from someone you know in real life, or someone you have only ever met online.

For further advice or to report something please see HERE!


Children's Mental Health awareness week is coming up in February, please see below some useful links for preparation.

This page has links to video's, podcasts and live discussions around young peoples mental health and wellbeing. Check these out! 

VIDEO - ORDINARY MAGIC: Resilience & Mental and Emotional Wellbeing in Schools

This short film has been made by the Education Wellbeing Team and young people in Cambridgeshire. It shows young peoples views and understanding of mental health. See here



 Anna Freud Centre

Anna Freud Centre has just launched a ground-breaking series of expert podcasts to help parents understand and manage child and family mental health problems. 



This Insight series of leaflets by Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation trust, were designed and written by people who have personal experience of different mental health problems and the people who support them. They provide introductory information on a range of mental health problems and other issues relevant to mental health. They act as signposts to local sources of support and information. These have been written for adult mental health, but may be useful for young people.


VIDEO STREAM 3 - Sexual Health


VIDEO STREAM 2 - Stress, Mental Health and Relationships

A second webinar on stress, mental health and wellbeing took place on 17th May 2016 as part of Mental Health Awareness Week. The panel discussion included Cambridgeshire County Council, Mind in Cambridgeshire and Centre 33.


VIDEO STREAM 1 - Children and Young People's Mental Health and Wellbeing

This is a recording of a webinar on wellbeing and resilience that was produced by Cambridgeshire County Council and Huntingdonshire Regional College. Students did all the technical aspects of filming and live streaming that made this webinar possible. It will be a particularly helpful resource for parents, carers and teachers but of interest to many others!


Mental Health Awareness video

This short Mental Health Awareness video was produced by Healthwatch in Peterborough with local Youth Health Champions. It was designed for teenagers and explores what mental health is, what affects mental health, teenage specific pressures and how to manage poor mental health and more! It is a fantastic resource for schools and has been adopted by all Peterborough secondary schools.



There are many physical or neurological conditions that can have an impact on our mental health and well being. Managing long terms conditions, like epilepsy, can challenge our mental health. Here are some useful videos on understanding epilepsy.

 The BBC have a range of videos about young people and things that they worry about including anxiety,OCD and Bullying.They are suitable for KS2 and 3.They can be found HERE


We are continuously updating this website. if you know of any videos, blogs or podcasts that you would like to see on here please let us know.

Taylorfitch website