Launch Recite Me assistive technology Launch Recite Me assistive technology
Hide this page

Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Children & Young People Mental Health Support


Worm's-eye View of Woman Holding Balloons

If you need support, help or advice around drugs and alcohol there are a range of local and national services available. See the following links for more information:

If you live in Cambridgeshire (not including Peterborough):

cpftCambridgeshire Child and Adolescent Substance Use Service (CASUS)  provides information, support and specialist treatment for young people under eighteen years of age, living in Cambridgeshire, to address alcohol and or drug use. Confidential information and support is also provided to the families of these young people.

Alcohol and drugs include all prescribed and over the counter medication as well as illegal substances, solvents/volatile substances, and New Psychoactive Substances. This does not include tobacco – for support with tobacco use please contact the appropriate GP or visit

CASUS accept self-referrals. Referrals from parent/carers and professionals for individual work with young people under eighteen are also accepted with the agreement of the young person. Referrals can be made using Early Help Assessment or the CASUS referral form.

Referrals should be sent to CASUS e:, or post to CASUS, Newtown Centre, Nursery Road, Huntingdon, PE29 3RJ.

CASUS welcomes the opportunity to discuss potential referrals prior to the completion of formal documentation. Please call the team on 01480 445316, and the duty practitioner will call you back.

For more information on CASUS and the service they offer, and how to access the service visit: 

You can contact CASUS 9am-5pm Monday to Friday Tel:01480 445316 or e: 

The CASUS referral form can be found HERE.

Change Grow Live - go to homepage

CGL can support you with any concerns, worries or questions you might have about:

  • Prescription medications
  • Alcohol
  • Over the counter medication use
  • Illegal/legal drugs
  • Duel Diagnosis and mental health
  • Steriod use and more

For information and advice for:

 Cambridge- see HERE 

Wisbech - see HERE

Huntington - see HERE

Peterborough HERE

  • CGL service is running, but we have shifted to telephone-based support and appointments unless there are exceptional circumstances.
  • We are still taking new referrals.

Tel: 0300 555 0101

National information and support

FrankFRANK provides friendly confidential drugs advice. They have lots of information on their website, but also provide a live chat (2-6pm) and can be contacted by email, text or phone. The website also provides information on what to do in an emergency situation.


Ever worry about your parent's drinking? Drinking problems can affect the whole family, to find out what you can do and how you can speak to people that can help visit Nacoa or call their helpline (0800 358 3456). If you are a friend or professional worried about a child or young person the site also has a range of information that may be able to help.

Further national information about drugs can be found at



No comments have been left for this article

Have your say...

Your name will be published alongside your comment but we will not publish your email address.

All comments will be reviewed by a moderator before being published.

Please ensure you complete all fields marked as mandatory.